About the 2021 Cameroon CX Summit
The 2021 Cameroon Customer Experience Summit brought together customer experience executives, industry leaders and customer service professionals from different industries and sectors in Cameroon. This event which came up at the end of the international customer service week set the stage for discussions on topical issues affecting the delivery of customer experience in Cameroon, looked at industry trends and technologies and set the pace for future transformations in the industry. The 2021 summit took place at Hôtel La Falaise Bonapriso Douala on the 9th of October 2021.
The 2021 summit had four main discussion areas; Changing the World of Work, Protecting customer-facing staff from rising levels of hostility and abuse, Essential customer service skills and competencies, Effective CX Strategy and customer-focused leadership and The way forward for Customer Experience in Africa.
Discussions had a 3 phase format. First, we had a keynote talk on the theme from an industry expert or customer experience executive. This was then followed by a panel discussion on that theme by top customer experience executives from some of the biggest firms in Cameroon and Lastly, a question and answer session that allowed participants to interact with panellists.
The one-day event was packed full of insightful presentations. Thought-provoking discussions and case studies, networking sessions and an amazing meal. The 2021 edition of the Cameroon customer experience summit was sponsored by Orange Cameroun, MTN Cameroon and FINASDDEE Credit Line Cameroon. The over 100 delegates and panel of 12 speakers left with a renewed dedication to give a clear identity to the industry and improve the culture of excellence in their respective organisations.
The 2021 Cameroon Customer Experience Summit speakers included some of the most innovative minds in CX and technology from across industries. Speakers came from the leading companies and came with rich experience from managing the customer experience journey of their companies.
- Michel MEKOULOU – Director of Customer Experience: Orange Cameroun
- Marie Rose Daya – General Manager Customer Experience and Services: MTN Cameroon
- Roland Kwemain – Leadership Coach: Go Ahead Africa
- Riter Metiayim– Head, Customer Experience: United Bank for Africa Cameroon SA
- Blaise ETOA – Director Marketing & Communication: Société Générale Cameroun
- Clement Yuyun – Assistant General Manager: Union Bank of Cameroon
- Danielle Laure LIKENG – Chef du Département Service Client: BGFI Bank Cameroun
- Dr Sundjo Fabien – Head of Certification Committee: CX Touchpoints Group
- Hervé SIBENOU – Head of Business Development: CCA Bank
- Doris MELLA SOUOP – Head Office Branch Manager: FINASDDEE Credit Line Cameroon
- Anne Carine MBENDA – Senior Human Resources Manager: CADEV
2021 Panel Discussion Themes
- Changing the World of work. The 2019 health crisis has changed the way we work. This topic looked at what has changed and how we can take advantage of this change to deliver a superior customer and employee experience.
- Protecting customer-facing staff from rising levels of hostility and abuse. Today’s frontline teams face high levels of hostilities and abuse from both customers and employers. This theme explored ways in which we can protect frontline teams and reviews the basic techniques that can be applied when dealing with difficult customers
- Essential customer service skills and competencies. The way we work is changing. So too are job descriptions and tasks that customer service teams need to perform. This theme explored the most relevant customer service competencies, emphasizing those that matter most for customer experience professionals in Africa.
- Effective CX Strategy and customer-focused leadership. Customer needs have changed drastically in the last two years, this change requires reengineering CX strategies and reexamining the role of leadership in driving CX transformation. This theme focused on the new CX strategies for Africa and the role leadership has to play.